Monday, May 2, 2011

35 Week Update



Well, I'm actually 36 weeks now, but I realized I never posted the official 35-week photo (I take pics every 5 weeks).  So here's the official update on my uterus.

  • I'm now 2 cm dilated.  That doesn't really mean much; what's significant is that I've progressed 1 cm while being on bedrest.  The fantastic news is that I'm officially 36 weeks now, and the prognosis for a 36-week baby is way better than a 35-weeker.
  • So I go back to the doctor on Thursday, and unless something crazy is going on, I'll be released from bedrest on Sunday, with a week of 'light activity'.  No shopping, walking for fun, etc.  Then, after that, if I'm still bursting with child, I can do whatever I want.
  • This little guy is so active!  It's pretty fun to watch my belly roll around.  It's not pretty fun when he plays with the nerves to my legs.
  • We're making slow progress in the kids' room.  It's really close to being finished, things just don't move as quickly when I'm barking orders from the couch versus just doing it myself.
  • I think I have nearly everything I need if this anxious boy decides to come early.  I had MacGyver haul out the breast pump in case Little Dude has a NICU stay and I'm not able to nurse him.  Let's just all cross our fingers that isn't the case.  With the Sunbean, my milk came in while in the hospital, and she wasn't ready for that 'vigorous' of a feeding.  I'll be more prepared for that this time.  Like, I'm bringing some freaking breast pads.  Sorry if that's a little too much info for you, but if you've ever nursed a baby, you're probably cracking up right now.  I'm thankful my body produces pllllllllllllenty of food for my children, but it does get a tad tricky when there's some excess.
  • Moving on.  I had MacGyver drag out the rest of the baby gear from the attic.  I forgot how inconvenient some of this stuff is.  As much as I love the swing, it really isn't a space-saver, you know?
  • I still have heartburn.  Blah.  I feel like it shouldn't be possible for him to be so low that it makes my bones hurt, yet high enough to give me heartburn.
So that's the latest and greastest from my womb.  My doctor predicts he'll make an appearance the week that I'm released from bedrest.  How lovely...that's the weekend that MacGyver graduates.
Oh well....we'll be celebrating either way!

2 comments:

emily said...

It will be all done and other with soon! I can't wait to see that little guy!

Maya said...

haha i hear you with the breast pads! have you heard of bamboobies? they're reusable ones. one of my girlfriends is giving me her very gently used ones when i drive through IN in a few weeks and i can't wait to try them out!