Tuesday, May 10, 2011

N is for Nesting: Quite the Productive Bedrest

After being on bedrest for about, uh, 20 minutes, I made the executive decision that sewing is absolutely included on the list of allowable activities.  In addition to the boppy slipcover, the peepee teepee, some random burp cloths, and a few other things for Little Dude, I added the following to the Sunbean's summer wardrobe:

The paper bag skirt, made with this tutorial.  I'm totally making one of these for myself, too.

I have been wanted to make these cute little round yolk dresses for a long time.  I bought a pattern a few years ago to make one for a wedding, and it was a total disaster.  Maybe because I started at, like, 10pm the night before we left.  But this time it worked out well!  I just ditched the pattern and did it the way I wanted.


Here's the other one.  Both of these were made with fabric from here.

I made this knot pinafore dress based on one I found on etsy, but I didn't have a pattern.  It was really easy.  The most amazing part?  I sent MacGyver to the store to pick out some fabric and this is what he came home with!  Aren't you impressed?  I sure was.
This bubble dress is another thing that's been on my list for awhile.  I used a pattern, but then ended up changing almost everything.  Sometimes these pattern-makers just don't know the best way to do things!  Also, when did I become the crazy lady who thinks she knows better than the pattern?
And last, a tuxedo shirt and ruffle pants.  Ruffle pants are pretty much a staple of the Sunbean's wardrobe, but she didn't have any for the summer yet.  The tuxedo shirt is based off of something I saw on Pinterest and one that Matilda Jane sells.

I read two books, watched a million movies, completely wiped out my PayPal account, and made this cute stuff.  Not exactly what I had planned, but not a terrible way to spend two weeks.

3 comments:

emily said...

holy cow i can't believe you got all that sewn! such cute stuff, of course i love the vintage fabric, but the bubble dress may be my fave...

Unknown said...

I am very impressed with your daughter's new duds. Great job!

Kara said...

If I end up having a girl, I will be your #1 customer!!!! LOVE IT ALL!!